December 1, 2009
Gout Remedies â€“ Newer is Not Always Better
Despite the all the advancements that have been made in medical science over the years, some of the best gout remedies are the same ones that your grandparents probably used. However, as medical science advanced, many people lost faith in these old tried and true remedies.
But just because trends in medicine have changed, that doesnâ€™t mean that the old remedies arenâ€™t effective. Gout has been around for a long time. Even Benjamin Franklin suffered from it and he didnâ€™t have access to 21st century medicine. And some of the gout remedies he may have used are becoming popular again as people grow tired of the side effects associated with our modern pharmaceutical treatments.
Some Old-Time Remedies to Use for a Gout Cure
1. Put ice on your affected joints for 10-15 minutes. This will reduce the inflammation and relieve your gout symptoms. While it may be uncomfortably cold at first, Iâ€™m sure you will agree that this discomfort is nothing compared to the pain of gout.
2. Use simple pain relievers like ibuprofen.
3. Exercise the joint by putting it through its full range of motion at least twice a day. This will break up the uric acid crystals that are causing your gout pain.
4. Exercise your entire body; not just the affected joints. This will help strengthen the cartilage in your joints and help repair the damage caused by gout. Also, strong and healthy muscles will be better able to flush the excess uric acid from the body.
5. Eat fresh strawberries to help neutralize the uric acid. Nuts, seeds, and whole grains are also effective gout remedies, but to a lesser extent. Berries that are rich in vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and zinc, like strawberries, will help immensely.
6. Cherries have been shown to reduce the severity and frequency of gout attacks. You can either eat fresh cherries or drink cherry juice.
7. Uric acid is normally flushed during urination. To better facilitate this, drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
8. Eat foods like tomatoes, green bell peppers, and leafy greens like lettuce and spinach. These vegetables make for an effective gout cure because all contain high concentrations of bioflavonoids that act as natural anti-inflammatories.
9. Soak your affected joints in Epsom salts, especially if the pain is in your big toe. Epsom salts are high in magnesium, which will improve circulation and help flush the uric acid from your body. A warm Epsom salt bath will provide almost instant relief.
10. Apple cider vinegar is another gout remedy that many elderly people swear by because it can be used to cure more ailments than any other home remedy. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of warm water with honey and drink. You will feel all your gout symptoms subside within an hour.
Gout has plagued humankind for much longer than modern medicine has been around. Our ancestors were able to treat gout without running to their local pharmacy and you can, too! If you are interested in learning more, please take advantage our 100% guaranteed natural gout remedies. In our Gout Cure Remedy Report you will find all the old remedies that have been proven to be effective for years and years.
Spread the Word!